In this section you will find frequently asked questions and answers about HOW TO VISIT THE ALHAMBRA , how is this website, and some of our services; reading it you will save lot of time . If you want any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1-How I can buy tickets to the Alhambra and Generalife?
- You can buy tickets at the ticket office, the monument, however, is the least desirable option, being the Alhambra one of the most visited monuments in Europe. This, together with the logical constraints sale for conservation purposes, does not always be easy to get a ticket. They can also buy them at electronic terminals Alhambra.
- To avoid surprises, and due to strong demand is highly recommended ADVANCE PURCHASE , avoiding queues and loss of time, through our website with a maximum of three months in advance 24 hours. No returns or exchanges are allowed after your purchase.
2 – If you have already purchased tickets for the Alhambra, how can we hire a guide and know the price?
In this website section Choose your experience-The Deep Alhambra,you have the options for the Alhambra, tickets, tour guides, special visits … and the different prices on weekday and holiday, ( Saturdays, Sundays, Holiday and Night Tour of the Alhambra.).
These rates do not include transportation and tickets to the monument except where otherwise specified. The price of private guided tour is valid from 1 person up to a maximum of 30 people, that is the same price, and that price is per service for Alhambra and other monuments. If you are several, you pay per person for a private service less than a tour full of tourist .
Prices include VAT and liability insurance.
3-Address and how to get to the Alhambra
Patronato de la Alhambra y el Generalife
Real de la Alhambra, s/n
How to get ?
- Cuesta de Gomérez (from Plaza Nueva). 1.150 metres aprox.
- Cuesta del Realejo (from Plaza del Realejo). 890 metres
- Cuesta de los Chinos (from Paseo de los Chinos). 860 metres aprox.
- Vehicle access:
- Ronda Sur Ring-Road. Buses and private cars
- Taxi. . Tlfn: 958 28 06 54
- Microbus Alhambra, lines 30 and 32
4- Where to park?
Address: Camino Viejo del Cementerio, entry by new access to the Alhambra (Ronda Sur).
Capacity: 600 seats.
5-Regulating access to the Nasrid Palaces
VERY IMPORTANT: Access to the Nasrid Palaces can only be done within the fraction of 30 minutes on the ticket, as seating is limited to 300 people every half hour. Failure to visit within that half hour visiting forfeited.
From November to March 15:
Monday to Sunday 8.30-18.00 h. Lockers 8.00-17.00 h.
Fridays and Saturdays 20.00-21.30 h. Lockers: 19.30-20.30 h.
From March 15 to October:
Monday to Sunday 8.30-20.00 h. Lockers: 8.00-19.30 h.
Tuesday to Saturday 22.00-23.30 h. Lockers: 21.30-22.30 h.
The Alhambra is closed on December 25 and January 1.
There are several types of tickets:
-Day visit. Includes visited areas of the Alcazaba, the Nasrid Palaces, Generalife, the Mosque baths and Gardens. They are divided into two shifts: morning (8.30-14.00 h.) And Afternoon (14.00-18.00/20.00 h.).
– Gardens Day visit. During daytime visit is possible to visit only the main gardens of the monument.
The gardens can be visited are:
Alhambra (the Cypress Walk, Upland, San Francisco Gardens), Alcazaba, The Partridge (Gate of the Palace, Gardens and Walking, Soaring, Palace of Yusuf III, Paseo de las Torres) and Generalife Gardens (Netherlands).
Palacios-Night visit: Only includes areas visited in the Nasrid Palaces. Seating is limited.
-Night visit Generalife gardens:
-See price reductions Entries
– Over 65 years of European Union
– European Youth card Headlines
– People with disabilities
– Visit generally children up to 11 years, including, when accompanying their parents, relatives or guardians: Free
You must access the monument visited areas within the established schedule for the type of ticket you have purchased (morning, afternoon or evening), once inside any of them, you can stay until closing.